Friday 5 August 2011

The Door You Carry With You

I followed up the door sermon with the kids. This time I took them beyond the idea of Jesus as the door into God's house/room by carrying the door with me. So when I went through the door (just a couple of louvre doors I had lying around) I took one of them with me. I made two points:

1. Doors normally stay in place, you leave them behind until you want to exit. With Jesus, I said, you never leave him behind and he isn't the way out.

2. This means that wherever you are, you can enter God's room through Jesus the door.



3 comments:

  1. Where does the Christ come into the story? Do you mean Christ Jesus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Dr Father
    Surely we can have more posts!

    ReplyDelete